I didn’t really know how to title this post, as the above seems almost too obvious. Unfortunately, I’ve found more and more private sector companies using random online services for customer verification and ‘OSINT’ work. I was finally prompted to
I’ve recently had the pleasure of being interviewed by Forensic Focus! Have a read of the interview at the link below: https://forensicfocus.com/c/aid=309/interviews/2019/benjamin-creator-of-metadata-interrogator/
I’ve been doing Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) gathering professionally for quite a while now – back from the days when it was just a GeoCities check to see if the subject had been ridiculous enough to create a page dedicated
Version 0.6 has been a bit of a turning point for the project – I’d say that Metadata Interrogator now does what I wanted it to do when I set out to create it. I wouldn’t say it’s reached ‘v1.0’
In version 0.4 I’ve included a basic timeline functionality I’ve added this feature as a quick way to visualise the creation dates of a large number of files, and show up any gaps in the dates. I created this due
Currently, Metadata Interrogator comes in at a completely-unreasonable-in-this-day-and-age 76mb file size. As promised, an attempt was made to reduce the size of Metadata Interrogator by using a different table GUI (pure TKinter rather than Pandastable). Unfortunately, even with my best
Digital Document Forensics (DDF) is what Metadata Interrogator is all about really, it’s trying to gather as much information as possible from a file – especially any ‘hidden’ attributes that might give us clues to who/what/where/when/how the file was made.
You may or may not have noticed that there are tons of MakerNote fields that come up when photos are analysed. Some of these are followed by a descriptor, some just have something like 0x0002 and then a jumble of